Days 1 to 3. Cartagena
- Walking tour of Cartagena: Plaza Santo Domingo, Torre del Reloj, Cathedral.
- Explore the historic center & watch the sunset over the Caribbean.
- Optional activities include San Felipe Castle, Popa Hill & more.
Cartagena is the romantic fairytale city of Colombia and behind its impressive 8-mile long colonial stone wall lies gorgeous cobbled streets, colorful houses, elegant balconies covered in blossoming flowers and some of the best colonial architecture in the Americas. After exploring the city’s highlights enjoy the real charm of Cartagena by wandering through its magical, narrow streets or sipping a cocktail at the Café del Mar watching the sunset over the Caribbean.
Days 3 to 7. Santa Marta
- Guided tour of Santa Marta’s highlights with your own local guide.
- Spend the night at Tayrona National Park.
- Paradise at Cabo San Juan: one of Tayrona’s best beaches!
Santa Marta, founded in 1525 is Colombia’s oldest city and the oldest surviving city in South America. With a long history and delightful center, Santa Marta is full of charm and the evening Caribbean breeze makes it pleasant to explore. One of the main draws of Santa Marta is its proximity to the Tayrona National Park which, situated at the foot of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta (highest coastal mountain range in the world!) are a wonderful mix of white sandy Caribbean beaches and verdant rainforest.